November, 2012

now browsing by month


Home Claims

Home Claims

Home Claims

Advocate Public Adjustment Specializes in Home Claims protecting your assets making sure the insurance company pays what is rightfully owed.


If you have Home Claims then Advocate Public Adjustment is your Public Adjuster

15 – 20 % Contingency Fees

(215) 364-4546

No Settlement – No Fee

Home Claims

My Home Was Damaged During a Burglary. Is This Damage Covered?

Generally, your policy’s Dwelling Protection coverage would apply to this situation under theft. Advocate Public Adjustment Public Adjusters can determine the extent of damage to the building from the break in – theft.

Never allow the insurance company to make your home claims  for you when submitting a homeowner insurance claim. Our homeowner insurance claim representatives would be happy to explain what your policy covers by offering a FREE Policy Evaluation.


Are Most Home Claims Handled Differently when Property Damage occurs from Natural Disasters?

If a natural disaster results in a significant number of home claims reported at one time, then this is declared a “catastrophe” and is considered a Cat Loss.

Most insurance companies have catastrophe adjusters that are from different parts of the country and are hired to assist in the adjustment of  home claims. This is why you really need to hire an Advocate Public Adjustment Public Adjuster. We protect your interest when these people come to evaluate the extent of damage. They are here today and gone tomorrow. We are here to stay and know what you are legally entitled to under the policy of insurance you purchased.

Can I submit Home Claims for Flood Damage?

Flood coverage is provided through the National Flood Insurance Program, and if you have one of those policies, your damages may be covered. Your homeowner’s insurance policy does not cover flood damage. You need a Flood Policy.

My Damaged Home Is Not Safe. Will Home Claims Cover the Cost for Temporary Living Arrangements?

If your policy has Additional Living Expenses coverage, and a loss that your policy covers makes your home uninhabitable, then your policy would pay for additional living expenses needed to maintain your normal standard of living. Check your Declarations Page under Coverage D – Loss of Use / ALE to see if you have Additional Living Expense coverage and what your limits are. One of our helpful claim representatives also can assist you with these and other questions that you may have if you think you may have home claims.

My Tree Fell on My House. Does My Policy Cover the Damages and should I file  Home Claims?

Generally, all homeowner insurance policies sold on the market cover against (Windstorm) Damage. When fallen trees damage your property then you really need to call Advocate Public Adjustment to evaluate the extent of damage. Insurance Companies want to perform repairs instead of providing full replacement cost benefits. If the tree damage the roof or siding system no matter how old the building materials are they want to pay for the direct physical damage that the tree impact caused. They do not take into consideration the big picture. Matching arguments are very common in today’s homeowner insurance claim process. This is why you need to call us first.

How Will I Know If I’m Being Screwed from my Homeowner Insurance Claim? What Should I Do?

If you receive a denial letter or low ball repair estimate that is not going to cover the cost to repair your property then you are probably getting screwed. You should call Advocate Public Adjustment Public Adjuster claim representative and immediately forward any paperwork we request. Do not hesitate in contacting Advocate Public Adjustment if you thing you are getting screwed after you have already submitted a homeowner insurance claim.

How Long Will My Homeowner Insurance Claim Take to Process?

Every homeowner insurance claim is unique, and many things can affect how long it takes to resolve a home owner insurance claim. However, we want you to know that our homeowner insurance claim public adjusters are made up of experienced professionals who have settled thousands of homeowner insurance claims similar to yours day in and day out. With over 22+ year’s full time claims experience. We always do our best to get your claim resolved quickly and equitably. You can help your claim process go smoothly by providing us with all the information you can about the incident. Talk with our public adjuster homeowner insurance claim team to make sure you’ve given us everything we need.

What is a Deductible?

A deductible is the amount you’ve agreed to pay out of your pocket before the insurance company makes a payment under your homeowner insurance covered loss. For example, if the covered claim is $4,500 and you picked a $500 deductible, you pay $500, and we then pay the remaining $4,000. However there is no money that comes out of your pocket like an automobile claim. The deductible is subtracted from the RCV amount of your homeowner insurance claim.

Will My Premium Increase If I File  Home Claims?

Every policyholder’s situation is unique so the answer to this depends on the circumstances and merits of your homeowner insurance claim. If your homeowner insurance claim causes you to lose a discount – such as the Claim Free Discount – then your premium will increase.

Also there is what is called a policy claim surcharge if you’ve had one or more property claims. Most state insurance departments have allowed insurance companies to penalize you the policy holder as the result of submitting a homeowner insurance claim.

Yes Penalize You!!!

We feel that this is absurd after all you pay your premium year after year. If property damage occurs as a result of no fault of your own and you file a homeowner insurance claim then you are going to get penalized. This is why it is very important to contact us first. We do not submit homeowner insurance claims just so that we can make a few hundred dollars like many of our public adjuster competitors do these days. If they claim is not worth filing we will tell you that as your Advocate Public Adjustment Public Adjuster.

Contact your insurance agent and inquire about how submitting a claim might affect your premium and the agent’s loss ratio. That’s right your trusty insurance agent really doesn’t want you to submit a homeowner insurance claim because it affects the agents bottom line and loss ratio.

Will My Policy Be Cancelled If I File Home Claims?

Under some circumstances permitted by state law, the insurance company may cancel or non-renew a policy as a result of home claims. This could occur if an insured files multiple claims in a certain time period. Your insurance agent may also be able to give you a better idea of how your claim might affect your status.

If you do not pay the policy premium then the insurance company can cancel you. If you submit a homeowner insurance claim in the first 60 days of the policy inception date then the insurance company can cancel you. And or if you have what is called an increase hazard that causes the insurance company a possible future risk or pay out on another homeowner insurance claim that they fell can be avoided by taking the precautions to fix the problem now. Example: side walk tripping hazard, no hand rail on stairway, live electrical wires dangling in mid air or any other thing that can cause the insurance company to be liable and make payouts on future homeowner insurance claim.

What’s a Public Adjuster, and Do I Need to Hire One?

A public adjuster is your Advocate that protects your interest and assets in addition to making sure that you get paid every dollar that you are entitled too under the policy of insurance that you have purchased.

Public adjusters are private personal home claims adjusters and are not associated in any way with your insurance company. For our services, we charge a contingency fee based on the total value of your settlement. Usually our fees are 15-20 Maximum on most homeowner insurance claim. A good public adjuster will negotiate an homeowner insurance claim settlement allowing you to have enough money to complete the needed repairs minus the fee applied. That is if you get a good public adjuster. There are so many public adjusting firms out on the market right now that just got into the homeowner insurance claim business. Check out references and see if there as been any complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau and or the Insurance Department.

As a homeowner and policyholder, you owe it to yourself to hire Advocate Public Adjustment public insurance adjusters to settle your homeowner insurance claim. Contact one of our claim representatives right now we are only a phone call away. (215) 364-4546

If you think that you may have Home Claims then Advocate Public Adjustment offers Competitive Contingency Fees 15-20% Maximum Settlements Let Us Negotiate Your Claim 215-364-4546 Why Pay More – Great Service Family Business – 22 + Years Full Time Claims Practice Residential, Business, Mobile Homes, Insurance Estimates, Insurance Claim Consulting, and much more.


We are your Advocate in Property Damage Insurance Home Claims and Your Public Adjuster with an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau. Zero complaints filed with the Insurance Department and BBB. We aim to please our customers and referrals mean everything to us. We are never to busy for your referral and we are only a phone call away.

Serving Southeastern Pennsylvania as Your Advocate Public Adjuster Advocate Public Adjustment for Home Claims.

15% – 20% Maximum Fee SAVE Money Get Professional Insurance Claim Help that You Need & Deserve when Property Damage occurs!

After all insurance companies have professionals looking after their interest…shouldn’t you? Can you trust insurance companies to do the right thing these days? Who’s interest is really being protected here when your home, business or condominium sustains property damage and you need a public adjuster ?


Hurricane Sandy Claims Consulting Property Damage

Hurricane Sandy Claims Consulting Property Damage



Property Damage Claims Consulting Service


Hurricane Sandy Claims Consulting Service

Personal Real Time 1-on-1 Coaching:

Our Hurricane Sandy Claims Consulting Service gives you one on one coaching opinions that are specific to your type of property damage. By following our opinions and course of action designed just for you, you will receive the benefits that quickly give you the knowledge and understanding you’ll need when dealing with your insurance company or insurance adjuster.

Our Hurricane Sandy Claims Consulting Service gives you real time answers to real time problems. Figure out what is the next best move for you to make. Also be able to clarify your policy type and the verbiage used in the insurance industry.

Property Claim Tip professionals will explain the specific details so that you fully understand what you are up against. Learn how to combat lengthily stalling tactics and learn why it is important to document your claim. Understand what to do if you are a victim and need hurricane sandy claims consulting service you are not in agreement with the offered amount and a pricing dispute develops.

Each day from 9am-5pm EST, our Hurricane Sandy Claims Consulting Service team helps homeowners and business owners navigate the insurance claim process. Our Hurricane Sandy Claims Consulting Service team works in terms of units (1 unit = 30 minutes).

No Matter if you sustained  Flood Damage, Wind Damage, Fallen Trees – Structural Damage, and or a Fire we have the opinions and course of action for you.

AVOID Public Adjuster Fees…10%-20% for Flood Claims!

Get Claims Consulting Service  Save Time Save Money

Call (215) 364-4546

1 (877) 792-

Property Claim Tips, LLC

We have over 22 Years Insurance Claim Settlement Experience. You can get through this on your own with the right information and help. Why pay 10%-20% of your claim proceeds to a public adjuster. The insurance company is not going to add in the public adjuster fees to the bottom line of your claim. This fee will come out of your settlement. Yes it is true that a good public adjuster will get more money than what the insurance company wants to offer up. We have that knowledge to convey to you.

Follow our advice and opinions and get through this horrific ordeal the best way that you can possibly can and by saving precious amounts of money. Your money….you are gong to need every penny. The NFIP program and flood policy are very limited as to what they pay for. That said you are already going to be without money and behind the eight ball. Why give more money away that is desperately needed?

Our cost for 22+ years of claims knowledge is very reasonable. You cant afford to be with out our Claims Consulting Package.  What happens if you have a pricing discrepancy? Do you know what to do? We do !!!

What if the insurance company is delaying your claim and acting in Bad Faith?

You are the one that has the burden to prove your claim. What are you claiming? Never let the insurance company adjuster be the only one to compile an estimate for damages and say this is it.


Hurricane Sandy Claims Consulting Service for property damage caused by flooding, wind, and or fallen tress is a fantastic way to educate yourself with regards to insurance claims. After all it is your money and property we are speaking about here. Take a moment and ask yourself where you are at present with the flood claim process, wind damage claim process, or both.  If you do not have public adjuster representation then ask yourself if you really know what the next move is when you receive the flood adjusters estimate? If you are not in agreement with the offer do you really know what to do next?

If you have a public adjuster representing you with the flood damage ask that public adjuster to give you a copy of his or her estimate that was submitted to the flood adjuster – flood claims department. See if the adjuster was successful in getting you items that the flood adjuster from FEMA offered and what the differences are between the two estimates.

Public adjusters that take first time settlement offers and who are not qualified to negotiate flood claims are not doing you the service that you might think that they are. All they want is the 10% -20% commission of your benefits. For Example: if the flood waters were high enough to damage the base cabinets in your kitchen but the flood waters did not reach the wall cabinets then all you are going to get is the replacement of base cabinets regardless of the public adjuster. The public adjuster is not going to be able to get you paid for the upper wall cabinets but he – she is going to be applying their fee schedule to your base cabinets. Which is not fair in my eyes even though I am a public Adjuster. Taking money from so many flood victims that their lives are truly devastated is not ethical in my eyes. That is why I developed our Hurricane Sandy Claims Consulting Service.

Rick Kinney

Find us on Google+

FEMA must do better job at saying whether, how to rebuild

By Edward L. Glaeser — THE BOSTON GLOBE

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has requested $30 billion worth of federal aid to help rebuild after Hurricane Sandy. New York City needs reconstruction, but our current federal relief system leads people to build excessively in high-risk areas and provides little incentive for battered states to make wise decisions about which reconstruction efforts are worth the cost.

To promote a more sensible recovery, Congress should link the aid New York needs to a change in the way the Federal Emergency Management Agency operates. Specifically, FEMA should split its emergency-response functions and its insurance functions into separate entities.

FEMA currently does two jobs. First, it protects life and property in the heat of the moment, as a fire department would. Second, after a disaster, it steps in with two large insurance programs — the National Flood Insurance Program and the Disaster Relief Fund — which together spend about $10 billion out of FEMA’s $14 billion budget.

Superstorm Sandy

Since disasters don’t strike every part of the United States simultaneously, FEMA’s emergency response capacity helps coordinate out-of-state response resources and move them into the affected area. A national agency has the system-wide perspective to promote investment in emergency-management infrastructure and assess far-flung risks. Hurricane Katrina exposed the weakness of one state’s local response efforts; FEMA can ideally ensure that every American is defended against natural disasters.

There is also a strong case for a national insurance program that helps share the risks associated with rare expensive natural disasters. Private insurance is fine for small, idiosyncratic risks, like car crashes, but it’s hard to imagine private insurers covering the vast costs that a natural disaster can inflict on state governments. Thirty billion dollars for New York State would require almost one-fourth of Allstate’s total assets. Insuring state governments is also inherently problematic, because those governments enjoy regulatory powers that would enable them to practically dictate payment terms.

But while national insurance makes sense, it currently causes mischief. The most famous insurance problem is moral hazard, which refers to the tendency of insured individuals to take inappropriate risks. If my car is insured against theft, I may park it on the street of an unsafe neighborhood. When the federal government insures homes and states against hurricanes, there will be too much building in hurricane-prone areas.

FEMA’s Disaster Relief Fund creates a second, less obvious, problem. When your Honda is totaled, the insurance company will typically give you a flat sum, so you can buy a new Civic or anything else you like. When a hurricane destroys infrastructure, FEMA provides up to 75 percent of rebuilding costs, whether or not rebuilding makes sense.

Cuomo’s request for $30 billion probably isn’t unreasonable; after Hurricane Katrina, FEMA and private insurers spent far more to clean up and rebuild areas of the Gulf Coast with far fewer residents than New York. But as long as FEMA is paying the bill, Cuomo will have little incentive to forgo wasteful projects or contain costs on necessary ones.

Ideas from the private insurance market can mitigate the current problems with disaster relief. The moral-hazard problem would decline if we adopted risk-based insurance premiums, where different states would contribute different amounts based on the risks they faced. If a state directs construction away from a hurricane-prone coast, its premium would fall. We should reduce the subsidies that FEMA’s flood insurance program provides for wealthy homeowners living in risky coastal areas, and also tie the premium more tightly to the expected insurance costs in specific areas.

When rebuilding, states should have the option of project-based rebuilding assistance or unrestricted cash, so that, like car owners, states and localities can choose whether and where to rebuild.

FEMA’s emergency response team served us well during Hurricane Sandy, but its insurance arm needs an overhaul. An independent insurance entity, funded by risk-based assessments on states and individual homeowners, will cause less moral hazard. If the insurer pays with unrestricted cash, communities will do a better job of rebuilding only when the benefits exceed the costs.

Edward L. Glaeser, a Harvard University economist, is the director of the Rappaport Institute for Greater Boston.

Rick Kinney

Find us on Google+

Damaged vacation homes not eligible for FEMA grants

Damaged vacation homes not eligible for FEMA grants

Many Rockaway summer home owners didn’t have flood insurance; landlords could be eligible for low-interest loans

By Clare Trapasso / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Sunday, November 18, 2012, 6:00 AM

Jeff Bachner/for New York Daily News

Chris Yorke’s flood-damaged Breezy Point vacation home does not qualify for FEMA assistance because it it not his primary residence.

Chris Yorke’s flood-damaged Breezy Point vacation home does not qualify for FEMA assistance because it it not his primary residence.

Jeff Bachner/for New York Daily News

Chris Yorke’s flood-damaged Breezy Point vacation home does not qualify for FEMA assistance because it it not his primary residence.

Superstorm Sandy delivered the injury.

Now comes the insult.

Summer home owners, common in beach communities like the Rockaways, may be financially wiped out if they didn’t spring for pricey flood insurance because FEMA provides grants only for primary residences.

Pension salesman Chris Yorke, 43, of Albertson, L.I., learned this the hard way. He’s scared he won’t get a dime from the Federal Emergency Management Agency for the Breezy summer home he’s owned since 2005.

Yorke didn’t want to pay the $800 annual flood insurance premium because it wouldn’t have covered his appliances. He lost his washer, dryer, hot water heater and boiler when groundwater flooded his basement in Hurricane Irene, he said.

“I’m an idiot,” said Yorke, whose basement was destroyed this time by Sandy. His first floor also sustained heavy water damage — despite being half a mile from the shore.

“FEMA would consider me wealthy, but that’s really not the case,” said Yorke. “I inherited the home that my parents worked so hard to build.”

Robert Hartwig, president of the Insurance Information Institute, which represents insurance companies, said Hurricane Irene “was a warning shot” for many Americans.

“In the wake of Hurricane Irene, we saw a surge of people buying flood insurance,” he said. “Flood insurance is made available at a taxpayer-subsidized rate to people who live in coastal areas.”

Hartwig also pointed out that homeowners with federally backed mortgages are required to have flood insurance. But once a home is paid off, homeowners can opt to discontinue the coverage.

People without homeowner’s or flood insurance can turn to FEMA, as long as it is their primary residence. But the agency does not cover damages to fully insured homes, an agency official said.

“Our grant program is designed to assist people who have taken a hit to their necessities and they are not covered by insurance,” said FEMA spokesman Bill Rukeyser.

“That is one reason we consider damage to someone’s primary home, not a vacation or weekend house,” he said.

The maximum FEMA grant available is $31,900, officials said.

Vacation homes are eligible for low-interest loans if they were also used in a business capacity, such as for summer rentals.

This may provide some help for landlords who have divided a house into rentals.

Retired guidance counselor Ellen Tsuji, of Park Slope, Brooklyn, said she and her husband, a retired carpenter, didn’t have flood insurance on their Breezy Point summer home of 32 years because it was “hard to get” and “very expensive.”

“I registered with FEMA, but I don’t expect anything,” said Tsuji, whose first floor was deluged with several feet of water. “We’re very fortunate we [even] have a place to live.”

She plans to somehow fix up the home — even though she’s not quite sure how to swing it financially, she said.

“We’ll do our best,” Tsuji said.

Read more:

Rick Kinney

Find us on Google+