Homeowner Insurance Claim

Homeowner Insurance Claim

My Home Was Damaged During a Burglary. Is This Damage Covered?

Generally, your policy’s Dwelling Protection coverage would apply to this situation under theft. Advocate Public Adjustment Public Adjusters can determine the extent of damage to the building from the break in – theft. Never allow the insurance company to make your claim for you when submitting a homeowner insurance claim. Our homeowner insurance claim representatives would be happy to explain what your policy covers by offering a FREE Policy Evaluation.


Are Most Homeowner Insurance Claim Handled Differently when Property Damage occurs from Natural Disasters?

If a natural disaster results in a significant number of homeowner insurance claims reported at one time, then this is declared a “catastrophe” and is considered a Cat Loss.

Most insurance companies have catastrophe adjusters that are from different parts of the country and are hired to assist in the adjustment of the homeowner insurance claim. This is why you really need to hire an Advocate Public Adjustment Public Adjuster. We protect your interest when these people come to evaluate the extent of damage. They are here today and gone tomorrow. We are here to stay and know what you are legally entitled to under the policy of insurance you purchased.

Can I submit a Homeowner Insurance Claim for Flood Damage?

Flood coverage is provided through the National Flood Insurance Program, and if you have one of those policies, your damages may be covered. Your homeowner’s insurance policy does not cover flood damage. You need a Flood Policy.


My Damaged Home Is Not Safe. Will My Homeowner Insurance Claim Cover the Cost for Temporary Living Arrangements?


If your policy has Additional Living Expenses coverage, and a loss that your policy covers makes your home uninhabitable, then your policy would pay for additional living expenses needed to maintain your normal standard of living. Check your Declarations Page under Coverage D – Loss of Use / ALE to see if you have Additional Living Expense coverage and what your limits are. One of our helpful claim representatives also can assist you with these and other questions that you may have if you think you may have a homeowner insurance claim.


My Tree Fell on My House. Does My Policy Cover the Damages and should I file a Homeowner insurance Claim?

Generally, all homeowner insurance policies sold on the market cover against (Windstorm) Damage. When fallen trees damage your property then you really need to call Advocate Public Adjustment to evaluate the extent of damage. Insurance Companies want to perform repairs instead of providing full replacement cost benefits. If the tree damage the roof or siding system no matter how old the building materials are they want to pay for the direct physical damage that the tree impact caused. They do not take into consideration the big picture. Matching arguments are very common in today’s homeowner insurance claim process. This is why you need to call us first.


How Will I Know If I’m Being Screwed from my Homeowner Insurance Claim?  What Should I Do?


If you receive a denial letter or low ball repair estimate that is not going to cover the cost to repair your property then you are probably getting screwed. You should call Advocate Public Adjustment Public Adjuster claim representative and immediately forward any paperwork we request. Do not hesitate in contacting Advocate Public Adjustment if you thing you are getting screwed after you have already submitted a homeowner insurance claim.

How Long Will My Homeowner Insurance Claim Take to Process?

Every homeowner insurance claim is unique, and many things can affect how long it takes to resolve a home owner insurance claim. However, we want you to know that our homeowner insurance claim public adjusters are made up of experienced professionals who have settled thousands of homeowner insurance claims similar to yours day in and day out. With over 22+ year’s full time claims experience. We always do our best to get your claim resolved quickly and equitably. You can help your claim process go smoothly by providing us with all the information you can about the incident. Talk with our public adjuster homeowner insurance claim team to make sure you’ve given us everything we need.


What is a Deductible?


A deductible is the amount you’ve agreed to pay out of your pocket before the insurance company makes a payment under your homeowner insurance covered loss. For example, if the covered claim is $4,500 and you picked a $500 deductible, you pay $500, and we then pay the remaining $4,000.  However there is no money that comes out of your pocket like an automobile claim. The deductible is subtracted from the RCV amount of your homeowner insurance claim.


Will My Premium Increase If I File a Homeowner Insurance Claim?

Every policyholder’s situation is unique so the answer to this depends on the circumstances and merits of your homeowner insurance claim. If your homeowner insurance claim causes you to lose a discount – such as the Claim Free Discount – then your premium will increase.

Also there is what is called a policy claim surcharge if you’ve had one or more property claims. Most state insurance departments have allowed insurance companies to penalize you the policy holder as the result of submitting a homeowner insurance claim.

Yes Penalize You!!!

We feel that this is absurd after all you pay your premium year after year. If property damage occurs as a result of no fault of your own and you file a homeowner insurance claim then you are going to get penalized. This is why it is very important to contact us first. We do not submit homeowner insurance claims just so that we can make a few hundred dollars like many of our public adjuster competitors do these days. If they claim is not worth filing we will tell you that as your Advocate Public Adjustment Public Adjuster. 

Contact your insurance agent and inquire about how submitting a claim might affect your premium and the agent’s loss ratio. That’s right your trusty insurance agent really doesn’t want you to submit a homeowner insurance claim because it affects the agents bottom line and loss ratio.


Will My Policy Be Cancelled If I File a Homeowner Insurance Claim?


Under some circumstances permitted by state law, the insurance company may cancel or non-renew a policy as a result of a claim. This could occur if an insured files multiple claims in a certain time period. Your insurance agent may also be able to give you a better idea of how your claim might affect your status.

If you do not pay the policy premium then the insurance company can cancel you. If you submit a homeowner insurance claim in the first 60 days of the policy inception date then the insurance company can cancel you. And or if you have what is called an increase hazard that causes the insurance company a possible future risk or pay out on another homeowner insurance claim that they fell can be avoided by taking the precautions to fix the problem now. Example: side walk tripping hazard, no hand rail on stairway, live electrical wires dangling in mid air or any other thing that can cause the insurance company to be liable and make payouts on future homeowner insurance claim.


What’s a Public Adjuster, and Do I Need to Hire One?


A public adjuster is your Advocate that protects your interest and assets making sure that you get paid every dollar that you are entitled to under the policy of insurance that you have purchased. 

Public adjusters are private personal claim adjusters and are not associated in any way with your insurance company. For our services, we charge a contingency fee based on the total value of your settlement. Usually our fees are 15-20 Maximum on most homeowner insurance claim.  A good public adjuster will negotiate an homeowner insurance claim settlement allowing you to have enough money to complete the needed repairs minus the fee applied. That is if you get a good public adjuster. There are so many public adjusting firms out on the market right now that just got into the homeowner insurance claim business. Check out references and see if there as been any complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau and or the Insurance Department.

As a homeowner and policyholder, you owe it to yourself to hire Advocate Public Adjustment public insurance adjusters to settle your homeowner insurance claim. Contact one of our claim representatives right now we are only a phone call away. (215) 364-4546





No Comments

Post A Comment