What is a public adjuster?
public adjuster is an insurance claims adjuster who advocates for the policyholder in appraising and negotiating a first party insurance claim. Aside from attorneys and the broker of record, public adjusters licensed by state departments of insurance are the only type of claims adjuster that can legally represent  insured during a property insurance claim process. A public adjuster will be most beneficial when the insured experiences some sort of loss.

Why do I need a public adjuster?
You need a public adjuster to represent you when you have property damage. Public adjusters are professionals who specialize in the insurance claim process. If you do not hire a public adjuster, you may not receive 100% of the money owed to you. Public adjusters are trained, skilled, professionals who know how to deal with insurance companies and the claim games they play.

How can a public adjuster help me?
Our public adjusters know how to get the most out of insurance companies. When the insurance company offers you a low estimate, APA public adjusters know how to maximize your insurance claim settlement. Our public adjusters will handle the entire insurance claim process by evaluating, estimating and negotiating your claim in the case of a loss.

How much will a public adjuster cost?
Public adjusters do not actually cost you anything. A public adjuster’s fee is a contingency fee. In other words, a public adjuster will only get paid if he/she procures a settlement. No settlement then there is No FEE!

For example, you own a house and suffer from property damage.  The insurance company offers you $2,000 to do repairs. You hire an APA public adjuster at 20% and he/she negotiates $7,000.  The public adjuster would receive 20% of what he/she negotiates – in this case $5,000. 20% of $5,000 would be a contingency fee of $1,000 for the public adjuster.

Can a public adjuster tell me if my loss is covered or not?
Absolutely. Public adjusters know and understand insurance policies, terms, and conditions. APA public adjusters will be able to explain to you in detail whether or not you are covered and why.

Who should I contact first, my public adjuster or the insurance company?
PUBLIC ADJUSTER. This is very important. If you contact the insurance company about a claim and it is not covered, then you will be making a HUGE mistake. Contact our public adjusters first to determine if your loss is covered. If it is not, then you would not want to submit the insurance claim. It is very important to contact a public adjuster before the insurance company.

What areas does an APA public adjuster serve?
APA public adjusters currently serve the following counties:

  • Berks County
  • Bucks County
  • Chester County
  • Delaware County
  • Lehigh County
  • Montgomery County
  • Northampton County
  • Philadelphia County

How can I become public adjuster and join APA?
It’s easy. All you have to do is get your public adjuster’s license by passing a test. We have online classes and tools to help you prepare for the public adjuster exam. Upon passing, you will then shadow an experienced public adjuster until you are ready to handle insurance claims on your own.